Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events of January 2007.
January 29, 2007
- Several new rules changes to Drum Corps International competition are passed by the DCI Rules Congress in Atlanta, Georgia, including increasing DCI Division I membership limits to 150 participants. (dci.org) See main article: DCI Rules Congress, 2007.
January 28, 2007
- The Yokohama Inspires are the Drum Corps Japan Division I 2007 Champions, at the DCJ championships at the Yokohama Bunka Taiikukan, Yokahama, Japan. Division II champions are the Imperial Sound. (drumcorpsplanet.com)(dcjpn.org) recaps in .pdf format
January 25, 2007
- The Kiwanis Kavaliers of Tampa Bay, Florida, announce that they will remain inactive for the 2007 competitive season.(kiwaniskavaliers.org)
January 18, 2007
January 15, 2007
- The 2007 Drum Corps Associates Rule Congress concludes with 3 changes to competitive rules and several administrative changes. (dcacorps.org) (drumcorpsplanet.com) See main article: DCA Rules Congress, 2007.
January 14, 2007
- Those in charge of a defunct bingo charity, Northern Lights Drum and Bugle Corps Association, that originally supported the Northern Lights of Longview, Washington, deny wrongdoing in their management of the charity. (the Daily News, Longview, Washington)
January 12, 2007
- J. Babe Stearn one of the founders of the Bluecoats of Canton, Ohio passes away at the age of 92. (Beacon Journal)