Sigma Alpha Iota
On June 12,1903 in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Sigma Alpha Iota International Professional Music Fraternity for Women was founded. "The Seven" who are the famous founders of this organization "solemnly pledged themselves to help each other with sisterly affection, to stand for the highest musical scholarship, for nobility and uprightness of character and for the maintenance of friendly and unselfish relations among women in the musical profession."
Purpose of Sigma Alpha Iota
- TO FORM chapters of women college students and alumnae who have a sincere interest in music.
- TO UPHOLD the highest standards of music.
- TO FURTHER the development of music in America and throughout the world.
- TO GIVE inspiration and encouragement to members.
- TO ORGANIZE the cultural life of Sigma Alpha Iota members as a contributing factor to their educational growth.
- TO SUPPORT the ideals and goals of the member's Alma Mater;
- TO ADHERE to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community and fraternity life.
These individuals involved in Drum Corps are members of Sigma Alpha Iota:
- Sigma Alpha Iota: Official Website