- The Kiwanis Kavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps was established in the fall of 1971.
- In 1987 the St. Andrew's drum and bugle corps of Cambridge, Ontario merged with the Kiwanis Kavaliers.
- In 2002 the Tampa Bay Thunder merged with the corps. The corps begins to maintain administrative offices in Tampa Bay, Florida as well as Kitchener, Ontario.
- In 2006 the corps moved to Miami, Florida from its previous locations of Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and Ft. Meyers, Florida, announced its affiliation with Paradox Percussion Theatre and its intention to field a corps in DCI competition in 2007.
Through the years the corps has had over 2,000 local youths participate in its programs, which have been written and directed by many local and international artists and music educators.
The aims and objectives of the Kiwanis Kavaliers, are as follows:
- To provide youth with an opportunity to enjoy a fun competitive activity which does not discriminate on the basis of ace, creed, sex, or economic status;
- To provide young adults with an opportunity to enjoy personal growth, teamwork and accept challenges in a positive manner;
- To provide and maintain the highest possible standard of marching music and dance education;
- To entertain and promote the marching music activity, to others within our community and around the World;
- To provide the spirit of fraternity, and an attitude of good sportsmanship, to our members, supporters, competitors and audience;
- Motto: "We Are One"
- Baritone Section "Riff" coined by AQ