Jump to navigation Jump to search
Franklin Field is the football field for the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Opened in 1895 for the running of the Penn relays.
- First stadium with a scoreboard (1895)
- The nation's oldest two tiered stadium. (1925)
- First football radio (1922) and telecasts (1939)
- Astroturf was installed in 1970
- Crowds in the 30's and 40's could be up to 80,000 people.
- Today's horseshoe shaped stadium holds 52,593 people.
Franklin Field Official Site
Franklin Field Wikipedia Entry