Issues needing sysop attention
Odd problem with permissions
Hi Harlan, I am trying to delete this page: Yeah Proofreading I just miss our morning msn chats at work however drumcorpswiki claims I am not an administrator when I attempt to do so. It also claims I am not a user when I try to edit it. If this problem goes away after a day or two I will update here. --Sam King 15:41, 16 May 2012 (PDT)
- Another permissions problem. I am trying to block this user: User:PaoladnodzwhzjswnblncxrioideczrvqyqfofriNoack with no success. --Sam King 13:29, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
- This user is still posting SPAM. Could you block them? Sam King
SPAM is unmanageable
Hi Harlan. I can't keep up with all the SPAM at this point. We have become a favourite target. Would you consider a week-long edit vacation? --Sam King 20:51, 26 January 2012 (PST)
- Hi Sam. As I noted on your talk page, I upgraded the MediaWiki software and added an extension that requires users (including anonymous visitors) that have not created an account AND verified their email address (new future) to complete a CAPTCHA before any edits or additions are accepted. This should greatly reduce spam.
- Thanks Harlan I think this will really help. I have also been thinking that I can prioritize the deletion of the SPAM as only the ones in the article space are a real problem. The user/user talk SPAM is just an annoyance. --Sam King 20:14, 2 February 2012 (PST)
Deleted user and user talk pages
I was just wondering why you deleted my user and user talk pages, and whether they can be restored. I'm not aware of anything I've done that was wrong, but if I did, please let me know what that was. Thanks. -- BobTuba 16:25, 5 January 2013 (PST)
- Hi Bob. I did a major revamp of the site to get rid of the unmanageable spam. Some legitimate user pages were probably deleted at the same time. I've restored your pages... sorry for the inconvenience!
- I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. Good luck on your project. -- BobTuba 18:36, 8 January 2013 (PST)