For their inaugural season Nexus competed in the British Youth Band Association (BYBA) circuit. In 2011 Nexus are also joining the Drum Corps United Kingdom (DCUK) circuit, where they will be competing at a number of shows.
Nexus competed in Division Three for their first BYBA season and have since move to Associate Class for 2011 after becoming Division Three Finals and National Champions.
The Joint Corps Directors for Nexus Drum & Bugle Corps are John Dimmick and Andy Rees.
2011 - Dare to Dream?
- In The Night Garden
- Uninvited Guests
- Mad World
2010 - How the West Was Won
- How the West Was Won
- The Magnificent Seven
- My Old Kentucky Home
- The Big Country
Footwear: Black Shoes and Socks
Trousers: Black Trousers
Headwear: White "Cowboy" hat with a Black Plume and Black Banding.
Jacket: Blue and Purple interlocking triangles, divided by a 90-degree black stripe. A diamond-shaped badge is placed at the pinnacle of the stripe, the design of which varies year by year. The badges, as used on the Jackets, have been as follows:
- 2010: "Sheriff" Badge with Interlocking X from main logo. Linked into "Wild West" Theme.
- BYBA Cadence Spectacular, Aldershot - First Place Associate Class
- BYBA Spotlight on Youth, Nottingham - Second Place Associate Class
- DCUK Grantham, Grantham
- BYBA Ouse Valley Sounds, Biggleswade
- DCUK Finals, Mansfield
- BYBA Finals, Crewe
- BYBA - National Champions, Division Three
- BYBA Cadence Spectacular, Aldershot - First Place Division Three
- BYBA Spotlight on Youth, Nottingham - First Place, Division Three
- BYBA Academy Brass, Barnsley - First Place, Division Three
- BYBA Ouse Valley Sounds, Bedford - First Place, Division Three
- BYBA Finals, Crewe - First Place, Division Three
Nexus have, as of 2011, launched an Indoor Percussion unit which is competing in WGUK and IPE competitions across the UK.
Their show for 2011 is entitled "Pirates AND The Caribbean", with Claire Tayeg taking the role as Ensemble Co-Ordinator.
Nexus is Latin for "Connection", referring to the merger, which constituted the combining of Distant Thunder Show Corps and Equinox Drum and Bugle Corps, and therefore the connection of Bedfordshire's two Marching Drum Corps into one organisation.
The Cadets Contra
Distant Thunder were the owners of a Yamaha Contrabass which formerly belonged to The Cadets. It was part of their 2005 DCI winnning show 'The Zone' and taken back to the UK for the second half of the British season, where it was part of the BYBA Division 2 winning show 'West Side Story'.
As Nexus were formed between the merger of Distant Thunder and Equinox Drum and Bugle Corps, the Contrabass was then carried over to the new corps, where it is still in use.